Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
ROSEMARY MASHED POTATOES
When I first made these Rosemary Mashed Potatoes it was a last-minute-head-to-a-BBQ-need-to-bring-a-side kind of thing. It is a nice, simple, and classy side for you and your crew or just the two of you.
SERVINGS : 8-10
- 3 Lbs Russett or Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 3 1/2 cups of Half n Half (could use whole milk or skim milk, we only had 1/2 + 1/2)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 6 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Peel and dice the potatoes
- Combine potatoes and the half n half in a pot and simmer on medium high heat.
- Chop the rosemary to fill about 3 tablespoons
- Mince the fresh garlic
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter, add the garlic and rosemary. Simmer for a couple of minutes and remove from the heat.
- Once the potatoes are tender, mash. Then add the herb butter mixture.
- Keep on medium heat until the milk has been absorbed into the potatoes and you reach your desired consistency.
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and enjoy!